Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I'm Baaaaaaack

If I had to label the last few months, I think I would have to choose "tired." And that is exactly how I have felt. After helping my friend with wedding plans, various events for work, illness, setbacks, crazy travel adventures and numerous trips to the doctors, I have just felt tired. I have gained 10lbs in the last 6 weeks, I feel constantly tired, I lack energy and I just don't feel enthused about myself or life.

It all started back in the beginning of August when my friend got married. Being her maid of honor was such a great privilege. It also meant responsibility. The week was full of lots of fun and many near sleepless nights. Her day was beautiful, and it launched me on two months of craziness.

After the wedding, things at work started to pick up as we worked to prep everything for the Fall and all that kicks off that time of year. Feeling tired, I decided to plan a week long trip over Labor Day to my favorite place to be able to relax so that I could come back refreshed and ready to rock the conference I was organizing at the end of the month. Unfortunately, my trip didn't quite end up that way. I didn't sleep well on the floor at my friends' house, I got sick, and what should have been an 11 hour trip home took 25 hours and robbed me of coveted sleep. Needless to say, I arrived more exhausted than when I left.

When I got back, it was time to kick it into full gear conference planning for the next three weeks. Trying to keep myself sane, I was playing soccer with some friends... a week and a half later, I realized that my save in goal resulted in a brokem wrist... which landed me in a purple cast from the tip of my thumb until near my elbow... the week of the conference.

After the post conference craziness, I took a few days off. Unfortunately, due to irritation from the cast, I wasn't able to sleep, rest or relax hardly at all, leaving me just as fatigued as ever. And now, Oct 17, I finally got the release from the doctor to take my splint off and use my wrist, despite pain. But I have also found myself without energy and very fatigued.

I am able to see how my lack of good eating habits and inability to do much exercise has contributed to my state of being. Running around busy, I have grabbed the easiest, quickest snack... which unfortunately were usually nachos, cheese cubes or a sandwich laced with mayonnaise. These poor food choices contributed to my fatigue, making it nearly impossible to muster up the energy to work out after a long days work.

And so here I am... I have gained 10lbs in the last 6 weeks, I feel constantly tired, I lack energy and I just don't feel enthused about myself or life. And so enough is enough. Time to get over this hump. Back to the healthy habits.

OK, saying they were habits before is a little exaggerated. Back to attempt to make healthy habits :)

And hopefully I will post more regularly. I hope to share my struggles and victories, recipes and tips that have helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment