Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Bananas in Pajamas

Evere hit your snooze button so many times that you sacrificed your time for breakfast for a few more minutes of sleep? Yes, me too... nearly every day. That is why I am so excited about what I am about to share with you.

Growing up, my mom always made the BEST banana bread. Seriously though, a-maaaa-zing! But it is so unhealthy full of flour, sugar and chocolate chips. I recently found a recipe for Banana Oat Muffins. And since I was looking for a healthy option to use up our ripe bananas, I decided to give them a try. I am excited to have this snack on the go for mornings like today, when I wait until the absolute last moment to get up.

They turned out pretty good, but next time I am going to add nuts and cinnamon.

Ingredients
2.5 cups old fashioned oats 
1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar {or sweetener of choice}
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 ripe bananas
(nuts)
(cinnamon)


Directions
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
  • Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line tins with cupcake liners.
  • Place all of the ingredients, including bananas in a blender or food processor, and blend until oats are smooth. 
  • Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full of batter.
  • Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment