Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Week In...

Wow, it is amazing the difference that one week can make. I decided last Wednesday to make a change. Enough was enough. Time to eat healthy and exercise. I weighed in on Thursday morning, and since then I have lost 4.2 lbs! And not to mention I am already starting to feel less tired. And I am not starving myself either.

Here is what I am doing. I am eating healthy smaller meals about 5 times a day. I always felt like eating healthy could be overwhelming. I didn't know how to cook healthy foods and am not creative when it comes to food. But I finally decided to put the excuses aside and just do it. For those of you like me, who find creating a healthy meal plan overwhelming, here are some samples of what I have been eating over the last few days.

Monday

Breakfast (8am) : smoothie (frozen fruit and greek yogurt)
Snack (11am): broccoli and spinach baby quiches 
Lunch (2pm): chicken veggie nuggets
Snack (5pm): sugar-free applesauce
Dinner (7pm): chicken breast, potatoes and salad (this was a victory, since I was at a work meal and could have been stuffing my face with lasagna and rolls. But I opted for the healthier options and avoided dessert)
Snack (9pm): Popcorn... oops. haha I also ate popcorn at small group. Better than cookies, but still not the best option.

Tuesday (due to meetings at work, my eating schedule was a little off)
Breakfast (8:30am): 1 egg with egg whites scrambled and a slice of Ezekiel toast
Snack (11am): 1 banana oat muffin (no sugar or flour!) and nuts
Late Lunch (2:30pm): salad with tuna
Dinner (5pm): grilled chicken, veggies and potatoes
Snack (9pm): Starbucks strawberry smoothie (not the best option, but I was out and it's better than a burger and fried)

A key is to eat lean protein and complex carbs at every meal.



And then for the past 2 days (and for the next 58 :) I will be doing an Insanity work out. It is such a good work out. I am excited to get back into shape.

Want to join me for the last 58?

No comments:

Post a Comment