Thursday, October 18, 2012

Applesauce

Day 1 was a step in the right direction. No exercise, but I ate great. I enjoyed some nice little keishish things I made yesterday for breakfast, a great salad for lunch, homemade chicken-veggie nuggets and grapes for dinner, and then a bowl of homemade sugar-free applesauce for a late snack.

I thought I'd share with you the recipe I use for the applesauce. It is soooooo good.

No Sugar Added Applesauce

Peel, core and cut up 6ish medium-large golden delicious apples (These don't have to be tiny chunks. This time I actually used a food processor, but I liked the sauce better when I cut them up into chunks manually... although it takes way longer)
Place the cut up apples into a large saucepan/pot
Add 1/2 cup of water
Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (this helps bring out the flavor)
Heat to boiling
Once boiling, turn the heat down to medium low
Simmer the apples until soft. (I keep stirring it regularly and pushing the chunks up against the wall to help soften them)
Add cinnamon as desired. (I add a ton!)
Serve warm or refrigerate and serve later.

As soon as I make this I divy it up into little containers so that it is already proportioned out for me. It makes for a great mid day snack at work or a great late night snack when I am craving something sweet. Hits the spot instead of a ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment