Friday, June 17, 2011

My Eating Goals

Alright, so here it is. These are my goals for healthy eating. Set what you think are good goals for you and post them and I will try to help keep you accountable.

No Sweets (no candy, baked goods, sugary items, soda or other sugary juices)
Minimal Carbs (I will not eat breads, but rather brown rice as my source of carbohydrates)
Fruits and Veggies (YES)
Meats (I plan to eat meats, but primarily eating chicken breast and white albacore tuna. For those of you who like it, fish is a good option here too.)
Minimal Dairy (I plan to use skim milk only and for the time being no cheese... Cheese is an all or nothing thing for me, so for the time being I need to cut it out until I get my eating under control)

For those of you who know me, if you ever see me eating things that are not on this list, you have my full permission to rip it out of my mouth. In fact, PLEASE do not let me keep eating it!

12 comments:

  1. Oh boy. I want to join you but SO publicly?!! I'll work on it! You look beautiful. How was your skin after the facial?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can post anonymously :) But for me, I need it to be drastic. Because time after time I cheat and it doesn't matter. I figure posting it to the entire world is a little more intimidating.

    Skin is smooth as a baby's bottom :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But please, whether you post your goals publicly or not, PLEASE keep me accountable. And when you see me eating something I shouldn't be, RIP it out of my mouth :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful, time for me to lose this weight :) My legs and back can't take it anymore! Happy to see you do this, i will be on board and try to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you'll be joining Sarah! What are your eating goals? Let me know and I will do my best to help keep you accountable too.
    I'll be posting my exercise goals in the next couple days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, so here I am, posting...look at me post. This is Heidi, world, and my eating goals are a small healthy breakfast (fruit, yogurt), a salad at lunch, and whatever dinner, having only one dessert a day. I also try to run every other day, going between 3-5 miles each time. There's my starting point. Let's all remember that self control is a fruit of the Spirit, so let's tap in folks...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, Heidi! Thanks for joining in! Together let's move forward!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Noble goals Traci. I believe in you. Too bad I can't believe in me too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Matt, I believe in you. Make some goals for yourself and let's go after them together :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Great goals, Traci - good luck :)
    I have been re-setting my goals lately, so this is perfect.

    My nutrition goals are to get back to sticking with John Berardi's "10 Habits" (my favorite nutrition info ever) The ones I'm focusing on are:
    -eating every 2-3 hours
    -veggies and lean protein every time I eat, fruit whenever, "other" carbs only in the 2 hours after working out
    -good amount of healthy fat (esp fish oil, nuts, olive oil)

    My workout goals are:
    -lift (heavy weight) 3-4 times a week.
    -cardio intervals if I can fit in more than that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome Sarah! I am exited for you to join me :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Minimal Carbs (I will not eat breads, but rather brown rice as my source of carbohydrates)
    - I would say eating whole grain bread is OK in moderation to switch it up from brown rice, also eat oatmeal in the morning.. get your energy from all natural oats :) body is a furnace, you still have to feed it for it to burn.. just put in more natural and less fake..

    ReplyDelete