Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 2 SUCCESS

Day 2 was also a success. With a little hesitation I was able to say no to free donuts at church and carrot cake. Thanks to everyone who were there for moral support as my mouth watered. The evening ended with another (and a little faster) almost 8 mile bike ride (this time actually riding up the hill I walked yesterday) and followed it with a 1/2 mile run.
You see, in perhaps a lapse of better judgement in the winter I signed up for a sprint triathlon to be done this August with a great friend of mine. I will be swimming 600m (.25 miles), biking 30km (18 miles), and running 5km (3 miles). So, I need to practice running after biking, because as it turns out, you kind of waddle run after having a bike seat between your legs for awhile.
How did you all do today? Did you stay strong in the face of Father's Day eating out and desserts?

No comments:

Post a Comment