Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 6 SUCCESS

Reading the book "The 12 Week Triathlete" as a training tool for the sprint triathlon that I will be doing in August, it stated that you should always train in a myriad of weather situations so that you are prepared for anything on race day. Well, yesterday, I unintentionally did just that. On a bike ride, about 4 miles from my house, I got caught in a torrential downpour. Stuck in the middle of fields, I continued to ride dripping wet, with my sneakers becoming heavier and heavier with each peddle, the 4 miles home. But hey, now I know I will be prepared to bike in the rain on race day. :-D

3 comments:

  1. What is the distance for each part of the triathlon you will be doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 600m (.25 miles) swim, 30km (18mile) bike, and 5k (3mile) run

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You go girl! I think the swimming itself would kill me

    ReplyDelete