Saturday, July 16, 2011

My New System

So, things have been going fairly well the last few days. I have said "no" to brownies and ice cream on two occasions, and in general have been making healthy choices. While there is still the occasional slip up, I have been doing pretty good. I have also been good about exercising this week, despite my back pain.
I find that my breakfast is good. Lunch is also good, as I usually stay at work, so as long as I pack a healthy snack, I'm good. Where I find I am weak is in the later evenings. Generally I will eat a healthy dinner, but then after that I keep snacking. And well it is just down hill from there. For example, today after 9:30pm I ate (confession of failure): a banana, a handful of MMs, and a slice of pizza. mmm EPIC FAIL. So I just added 700 calories to what would have been a successful day. Not even my evening workout could balance this out.
So, I am staring a new system. I have set my phone up to send me a reminder each day at 8pm to brush my teeth. My goal then will be, after 8pm I will not eat, because my teeth are all clean and ready to go. This will hopefully help fix my night eating habit. Sleeping earlier will also help with this.
I have also decided to start counting my calories again. I was doing this for awhile using the BodyBugg, but my subscription has since run out and I haven't renewed it. So today I got an app for Raul (my Macbook Pro) that will help me track my exercise and calorie intake. I hope this will help keep me on track, as calories can quickly add up.
How about you... do you have any helpful tips to keep you on track?

1 comment:

  1. The brushing your teeth trick is awesome. I use that one :) Popping in a piece of gum before a party works for me too.
    Another "trick" that has saved me is realizing that the craving for chocolate is usually a complex carb craving in disguise. A bowl of whole grain cereal (Grape nuts, mini-wheats, etc) will satisfy the craving for sweets, has nutritional value, and is usually under 200 calories.

    ReplyDelete